Saturday, April 11, 2009

David and Goliath

David. I'm doing this post in reverse...first what's on the inside of the egg, then how the eggs looked before they got cracked. It's for more dramatic effect. (Actually, it's because I don't know how to switch pictures around easily when the order gets mixed up!)
Goliath. It's a twin!
We just had to do another "chicken digest" update after one of our hens layed these! We got a super huge egg that was more the size of a duck egg, and wouldn't even fit in our egg carton. We couldn't find our Pinewood Derby scale or we would have weighed it. A few days later, we got a super small egg. I guess that's all she could do after the massive one!
Goliath, regular-sized egg, David, a quarter to give you an idea of the size of David.





No comments:

Post a Comment