
It was a sad week when Lego disappeared. We didn't know what happened to him! Colin sent out a mass email to people in our neighborhood. We had a few kind people respond saying they hadn't seen him but they would keep an eye out. Colin printed out several "missing cat" signs, and he and Em posted them around our neighborhood. Our neighbors stopped by our house one night saying they saw a cat that looked like ours down the street hiding under a parked truck. I sent Nicky, Calvin, Dev, and Em to go see. It turned out it was not Lego, so more sadness, especially after getting our hopes up. I took Emily back to check one more time, but there was no Lego, just some other cat. When we arrived home, Colin was on the phone heading outside to our car with a big smile on our face. It was our neighbors from Highland! Lego had gone all the way back to our old house! He was living in their barn and eating whatever he could find! What a highly intelligent feline! So, we drove over right away, with big smiles the whole time, and we brought Lego home. The next day Em and I bought a cozy cat bed that came with cat nip, a mouse toy, and more kitty litter. Now Lego is back living in our
garage for the winter. I had banned him from the
garage which is most
likely why he ran away in the first place. He was just too cold! It had snowed a few times. Lego is quite warm and content now, and our garage is his palace.
Yay! I am so glad you found Lego!
ReplyDelete