Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Post-vacation chickenpox

With Emily getting the chickenpox right before we left for Reno, we were nervous about the triplets getting them while we were there as well. Luckily, they broke out the day after we got back to UT! It worked out really well and now they'll never have them again! It wasn't as awful as I'd always envisioned chickenpox to be (I had a very mild case in high school)...just lots of "I'm itchy!" shouts during the day. We used Oregano and Melissa essential oils because they are anti-viral, and for immediate soothing, we used calamine lotion mixed with Chamomile and Lavender essential oils. That's this coating you see covering everyone! We also did a few oatmeal/baking soda baths, but they were kind of grossed out (maybe because they eat hot oatmeal almost every morning), and didn't really enjoy the bath experience!
They also watched tons of movies which helped keep their minds off of being uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment