We are moving at the end of December! Where are we moving to, you ask? Into an RV! That's right, you read correctly. So, if we're moving from a home that's a little over 5,000 square feet into an RV, we figured it was time to get rid of some things. Major consolidation is happening around here, plus numerous trips to the DI (donation place). I have never been a "stuff" person. I don't like lots of things or clutter. When I was little, I used to draw pictures of my "dream home" and my "dream bedroom". There was one desk, a bed, and that's about it. No clutter, no frilly things, no decorator items- just the necessities! I do love walking into homes that are nicely decorated with pretty items. I am decoratior-challenged though, so it's not a hobby I engage in. So, we're simplifying by majorly downsizing and going for the experiences instead of the "stuff." We're planning to head to Southern CA first (San Diego I think) and see where we go from there. Traveling the US (and eventually outside the US) to enrich our kids' home school experiences has always been a goal of ours. Now with doTERRA as the "vehicle", this goal has become a reality, and we are excited to embark on our journey! How long will we travel? I guess the best answer is, however long it's working and everyone is enjoying it! So, what am I doing in this picture? I consolidated 3 huge blue bins of craft stuff into this box with Eyore on it. That was the first thing I did in getting rid of stuff. Picture memories take up much less space than the real thing, and I wanted to remember these items. :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment