Saturday, June 28, 2014

TREK!

It was a little hard getting enough raw food (in desperation for a snack I ate some blackish smashed bananas from my stash in the hand cart) on this trek.  But at least it gave me a teenie tiny idea of what it must have been like for the pioneers not to have enough food or any food.  Actually, I had it pretty darn good and it was all by choice on my part anyway.  I can't imagine treking like this with a third cup of flour and water and that's it for a day.  Truly, the Lord sustained the pioneers to survive such hardships.   



Jasmine Mills
Issiac, in my group
Calvin's thrift store hat took quite the beating!

Colton Fernandez

Marty Mueller


Camerin Andelin
Toa F and Mike Mueller




Jared Dold
Ross's
Dale 
Awesome choir!
Kusco, the therapy dog
The Pa of my group, Bro. Stucki (didn't get a pic of Wendy...she had to leave early and my camera wasn't working) 













Every group had a baby doll that we all took turns holding and taking care of, since many pioneers traveled with and lost babies and children to sickness. 

Colin showed up and completely surprised the boys and I! Right after a fireside in the woods, I was heading back down, and there he was! Totally shocked me, but I guess he had been planning to come up all along.  He surprised me the last night at girl's camp years ago too :) 
What a hat! 
Brigham Young (aka Brad Anderson)

No comments:

Post a Comment