
Ma sent a recipe for "Three Minute Mug Chocolate Cake". It's fun, easy to make, and pretty
tasty! Calvin is proudly showing his cake. He has the recipe memorized.

You know that game "Clue?" Well, we played it about a month ago, and had lots of fun. However, during the game, it dawned on me that it's a game about murder! I tried not to take it seriously, but wondered if it would fall under the "wholesome recreational activities" category. The next morning, one of my kids said they had a nightmare about the game, so we banned it. Still, we missed playing it because Colin and I get really into it. He always wins. I always think I'm going to win. I talk in an English accent when I make my "suggestions" and "accusations" about how "Miss Scarlet, did it with a lead pipe in the conservatory", or whatever it might be. The other night, one of the kids (not the one who had the nightmare) suggested we play it again. A "brilliant brainstorm" (as Devon would say) hit me and I said, "how about we change the game so it's not about murder?" After some excited discussion, the kids ran downstairs to change the murder weapon card to party foods, as you can see in the picture above. So now we say, "I suspect Professor Plum, partied in the
Billiard room, with some
ice cream (or chips, cookies, etc.). It works out great!
So, we had a game night with popcorn, and other various treats by the fire and played our new and
improved "Clue" game. Emily and I were on a team. I always make my accusations too soon (Colin is very strategic in how he plays, so I always think I know for sure, but I don't). So, Em and I lost. The next game, Em wanted to be by herself. Yep, without me. Colin wasn't too sure if she knew how to play well enough to be on her own, but she
definitely wasn't winning with me on her team, so we let her give it a shot. She WON! We hadn't even been playing that long! It was amazing! She was pretty happy about it and did a little victory dance after her win!

Snarfing down the snacks!
That's a great idea for the Clue game. I'll have to remember that!
ReplyDelete