
This week is "family history" week for the youth in our ward. They've been doing indexing (databasing old census and military records), learning about their own family history, going on a youth temple trip to do baptisms for the dead, and writing their own personal journals. Another activity for this week was to make a dinner from a country that's part of our herritage. So, being St. Patrick's Day and all, I decided to make the traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner since some of our ancestors are Irish. I also found a great recipe for Creamy Irish Rice Pudding. Let's see what everyone thought of our Irish dinner:


The proud chef.






Can you see the building Calvin is making? Bread, corned beef, carrot, and lastly, a potato on the very top.

After a small portion of dinner, I said, "well, I'm ready for dessert!" "Me too!" Colin replied all too quickly. I guess we're not huge fans of corned beef and cabbage, but the dessert was great!




Ty didn't touch his dinner! In fact, the first picture of this blog entry was going to be of him crying. I took a great picture of him wailing about dinner. I couldn't bring myself to post the crying picture though because he looked way too sad. He's a boy who knows what he wants when it comes to food, that's for sure! Almost every night when we're tucking him into bed, he tells us what he wants for breakfast the next morning. He's a constant
snacker, and he tells me exactly what he wants. SO, when this Irish dinner was placed on the table, he wasn't too excited about it. He was begging to go to bed because he didn't want any part of dinner! So here
Tyrese is, happy to finally be in bed. I bet he'll eat a big breakfast in the morning! I bet I know what he'll ask me to make him too. (oatmeal with yogurt and blueberries, a bagel, eggs, toast, or a muffin)
No comments:
Post a Comment