Monday, April 30, 2012

Solola

Devon and I took a "chicken bus" to Solola right after Seminary one morning.  The hike to the orphanage is beautiful! Devon and I worked with a few of the deaf children at the orphanage.  They don't know sign language, so we worked with them in learning some signs.    

My friend, Amy Block, who works at the orphanage. (you can kind of tell my "plastic bag curlers" from previous post turned out fairly decent).



Tiffany and Tameeka just love being in the baby room.  Here is baby Abby who is just precious!


This is Jenifer, one of the girls who was in my sign language class.  She has partial hearing loss.  Very bright, enthusiastic girl who was fascinated with Colin's camera!





These girls were in my sign language class as well as their brother.   He was a sweet boy, but not interested in having his picture taken.  It was challenging teaching them sign, but they started to pick up on the concept after awhile.  As I observed these children with their friends, I noticed they were all very good at miming to communicate with each other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment