
Emily's baptism day was a wonderful and special day! She wanted to keep it small, so just grandparents came. We've been talking about this day for quite awhile! When Em was really little, she would say, "I'm NOT getting baptized. I don't want to go under the water!" I would say, "Okay, well, we'll see how you feel about it when you're older." She would insist that she wouldn't want to when she got older, so I'd just leave it at "
ok, you don't have to." However, she grew out of her fear of water (as you can see from our family swim party!), and she no longer feared baptism! She did a great job!


It looks like the twins want to jump in and go swimming!

Emily's baptism was at the American Fork Tabernacle. Grandma said that some of our relatives way back were possibly baptized here, and attended church in this very building! That made it even more special!


We just had to check out the balcony!





After Em's baptism, Grandma and Grandpa suggested we go to the nearby
cemetery to find an ancestor. I didn't know how Em would feel about that since she's never been in a
cemetery (in fact the kids all hold their breaths whenever we drive by a
cemetery), but to my surprise she answered with an enthusiastic, "yes!" After locating our relative, my mom found quite the humorous tomb stone. There was a picture of an older man and woman, with the name of the man, birth and death dates was carved in. Underneath that was a quote that said, "I told you I was sick!" We all got a big laugh out of that one!

We like to go to the Olive Garden after special occasions. Here it looks like Tiff is checking out the dessert menu. Actually, I think her big smile is due to the fact that we let her play with some of those creamer packets.

Nice faces, boys! We arrived right when the
restaurant opened at 11am, so we got seated and our food was served pretty quickly. Needless to say, it was a yummy lunch and a fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment