Saturday, August 02, 2014

Scout Camp!


























Go Ty! He loved this wall and climbed it many times!




Making a chipmunk trap.



Stay tuned....












Lots of dirt comes out when you're at scout camp!






Off to some adventures!






Still waiting.....













President Johnson giving a talk on eternal life.  We had the same talk at girl's camp and it was great! I also saw this same moon amid the pine trees at our camp!











Wouldn't be gettin' these at home!
Some other boys made a fancier chipmunk trap.







Ah, there's the little vermin! 








Brother Coconaur
Em and I were pleased to find out that the boys had to do one of the same silly songs at campfire as we did at girl's camp! When we were doing our silly songs, Em and I were thinking how it must be so much better at scout camp because for sure they weren't doing stuff like this.  Guess not! Who makes up these songs anyways?
Toa doing the Hakka (sp?) dance.  No, we didn't do this one at girl's camp!



Love my men!
Troop 796

Let's throw him in!!






He's smells peanut butter....! Now let me say a warning here....there are a few graphic images that follow, so quickly scroll to the very end if you want to bypass that.  I shall preface by saying that chickens and other animals that are raised for consumption by millions of carnivorous people all over the globe, are raised/killed in a much more brutal manner, and in huge quantities.  Just because they are nicely packaged at the grocery store, doesn't mean they weren't killed first.  Although I think chipmunks are cute, and I'm a vegetarian, I'm not opposed to what happened next.  If some day we need to live off the land, and there are no grocery stores in operation, some may not know how to catch their own food to survive.  Those who spend their days playing video games or watching TV instead of spending time outdoors may not have the first clue on how to survive.  So, I think this is good practice.  





The twins missed Tyrese so much, that they ran to the door yelling his name and clobbered him with hugs and yelled "I missed you!" It was the cutest thing ever.  
We were all so happy to see each other! Even though we all had tons of stuff to unpack from girl's and scout camp, we sat on the grass and talked for a long time about our experiences.  One of the neatest ones was how Calvin be-friended a boy who was really skinny and small due to an illness, and many of the boys teased him.  One afternoon, a counselor yelled at the boy for walking along without his "buddy." (they had a strict buddy system at camp). The boy was heading down to the water to go fishing.  Calvin hadn't had a lot of time to read scriptures because camp was so busy and he was one of the leaders.  He was so excited to finally have some time to read (we were both doing the Book of Mormon self-challenge of reading it in 60 days).  After hearing this counselor go off on the poor boy, Calvin said he'd be his buddy and went fishing with him.  Good, better, best, as President Uchdorf's talk goes.  Glad he chose the best! He had time to read later and still finished the challenge in time :)

Ty LOVED scout camp! He wanted to go back for several days later.  "I loved that place!" He really excelled at rock climbing, shooting, and bow & arrow.  I'm sure he'll be counting down the weeks to go again next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment